Seasoned with curry leaves, in this recipe are used sesame seeds, coconut and groundnut along with tamarind. Can be tried with lemon juice also.
- Peel and cut each potato into two pieces.
- Roast the onions on a griddle till they soften and turn light golden brown.
- Dry roast together on medium heat the sesame seeds, peanuts, dessicated coconut, till they darken slightly and start emitting an aroma.
- Grind together the onions, roasted spices, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder to a fine paste.
- Heat oil, stir fry potato pieces till they are pink. Add curry leaves, stir.
- Add masaala paste to it along with tamarind juice, tomato paste and salt. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally but very gently till excess of water evaporates.
- Serve hot with parathas ( Pan-fried Indian Flat Bread) and Raita.
Do You Know?
Eating potatoes is reported to be great for liver and muscles. They also contain high amounts of carbohydrates, which reportedly provide a great source of energy.
Potatoes also contain Vitamin C, good for promoting a healthy immunity system, as well as potassium, Vitamin B3 and folic acid (folate).
Consuming potatoes is reported to be good for improving memory.