Magaz Murg is rich with mild, thick and creamy gravy. Enjoy it with Nan or Paratha.
- 1 Pound Chicken cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp Magaz (Melon Seed) paste
- 1 tbsp Cashew nut paste
- 1 small onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3-4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- 2 tsp White pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt To Taste
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onions till they are translucent.
- Add the bay leaf and ginger, garlic, green chili pastes, and fry for a minute. Add the chicken and fry till sealed (chicken turns opaque).
- Now add yogurt and black pepper powder and fry till the ghee begins to separate. Add a little water and salt to taste, and cook till the chicken is almost done.
- Add the melon seeds paste and cashew nut paste to the chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk the cream to ensure that there are no lumps in it. Add to the chicken and turn off the fire.
- Garnish with fried onion, ginger juliennes, lime juice and boiled egg.
- Serve after a few minutes with Nan (Indian flatbread made in a tandoor or oven) or paratha.
Do You Know?
Melon Seeds contain high amounts of antioxidants and are viewed as an excellent source of Folic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc and protein.