It is a deep fried chicken preparation which makes a good appetizer.
- 1 pound boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. chili sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Deep Orange Food Color
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- oil for frying
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 green chilies slit elongated
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Wash and pat dry the chicken. Cut the chicken into 1 ½ inch cubes.
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl and mix with ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, chili sauce, chili powder, salt, lemon juice, orange color, beaten egg, corn flour and 1 tbsp oil. Coat the chicken pieces liberally with the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator (Marinating chicken overnight makes softer chicken 65).
- Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Heat Oil in a deep fry pan and fry the chicken pieces for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken turns reddish brown in color. Fry a few at a time.
- Take out fried chicken in a bowl and mix well with beaten yogurt so that every piece of chicken is coated with yogurt. Keep it aside.
- From the same frying pan take out extra oil fleaving behind only 2 tbsp oil. Fry chopped curry leaves and green chilies till they are light brown.
- Stir in chicken and fry well till all the yogurt is absorbed by the chicken pieces. and chicken is tender.
- Garnish with green chillies and curry leaves.
- Serve hot.
Tips: Chicken shouldn't be marinated longer than called for in the recipe. The chicken can become mushy if marinated too long, as the acid breaks down the flesh.