This nutritive colorful salad can be served for breakfast.
- 4 cups of green peas ( fresh or frozen)
- 2 big round hard tomatoes
- 4 hard boiled egg
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- In an skillet heat butter and saute peas. Take out in a bowl and add chat masala and lemon juice according to taste.
- Shell boiled eggs. Cut each into two pieces. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on each.
- Cut each tomato into two pieces. Scoop out pulp and seeds to make a hollow bowl like structure.
- Fill tomato halves with peas salad. Arrange these with eggs in a platter.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Tips: Cut boiled eggs with a knife dipped in hot water to avoid breaking
Do You Know?
Egg albumen, also known as egg white, accounts for most of an egg's liquid weight, about 67%. It contains more than half the egg's total protein, niacin, riboflavin, chlorine, magnesium, potassium, sodium and sulfur.
The albumen consists of 4 alternating layers of thick and thin consistencies. From the yolk outward, they are designated as the inner thick or chalaziferous white, the inner thin white, the outer thick white and the outer thin white. Egg white tends to thin out as an egg ages because its protein changes in character. That's why fresh eggs sit up tall and firm in the pan while older ones tend to spread out.