This salad is as flavorful as it is attractive. Add your own favorite ingredients to the salad bowls.
- 2 chicken breast halves, grilled and sliced into small cubes
- 2 tbsp chopped Spring Onions
- 2 big round hard tomatoes
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2 tbsp Ranch Dressing and Dip
- 1 tsp Wing Sauce
- Tomato Ketchup
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Mix chicken chunks with Ranch dressing, Wing Sauce, Chopped Spring Onions.
- Shell boiled eggs. Cut into two pieces.
- Cut each tomato into two pieces. Scoop out pulp and seeds to make a hollow bowl like structure.
- Fill tomato halves with chicken salad. Arrange these with eggs in a platter.
Do You Know?
The yolk in a newly laid egg is round and firm. As the yolk ages it absorbs water from the albumen which increases its size and causes it to stretch and weaken the vitelline (the clear membrane enclosing the yolk). The resulting effect is a flattened and enlarged yolk shape.
As a food, yolks are a major source of vitamins and minerals. They contain all of the egg's fat and cholesterol, and almost half of the protein.