This simple dish can be made in just 10 minutes and tastes great.
- 1 pound frozen cut Okra
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 4 tbsps cooking oil
- Heat oil in a wide heavy bottom pan on a medium flame.
- Mix coriander, red chili, turmeric, dry mango powder, all purpose flour and salt with okra in a bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in this spicy frozen okra to hot oil.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, till it becomes tender. Do not cover the pan while frying okra.
- Serve with hot Chapatis (Indian flatbread) or parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread).
Note: Okra is a sensitive vegetable and should not be cooked in pans made of iron, copper or brass since the chemical properties turns okra black.