Fish is cooked in chili garlic sauce. Chili garlic sauce is hot tomato sauce and fish cooked in it is very tasty and very easy to make.
- 1 big fillet of Cat Fish
- 4 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Red food color
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- Wash the fish thoroughly and place it in a dish.
- Now mix chili garlic sauce, soya sauce, corn flour, food color and salt in a bowl. Pour this masala mix on fish. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan. The pan should be big enough to accommodate the fish fillet without getting folded.
- Add fish and fry one side of it for 2-3 minutes on moderate heat, till the fillet is golden and crispy.
- Turn the fish carefully and fry the other side same way. Do not turn the fish more then once otherwise it will break.
- Cover the pan and cook till fish is tender.
- Carefully transfer in a serving dish, drizzle lemon juice and garnish with onion rings.
Do You Know:
Red chili powder imparts a rich flavor and color to the curries mainly in India and Pakistan.
Chilies have two characteristic - One is their color because of the pigment called Carpathian in it and second is the biting pungency because of capsaicin. On the basis of this the verities differ and so it’s dim and strong flavors.
Red chilies contain high amounts of vitamin C and carotene ("pro vitamin A").