Try this quick recipe and enjoy the cat fish with flavours of onion, tomato and basil.
- 1 lb cat fish fillet
- 2 medium Onions chopped finely
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup pasta sauce ( tomato and basil)
- 2 tbsp fish curry masala
- Salt To Taste
- ½ cup cooking oil
- Cut the fish into medium-sized pieces.
- In a bowl marinate the fish in ginger garlic paste, fish curry powder, pasta sauce and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish pieces ( take out from the marinade) gently. Drain the fish on absorbent kitchen paper and set aside.
- Add the chopped onions to the oil in the pan and fry until golden. Add marinade and fry till oil starts to separate.Add fried fish and cook stirring for about a minute.
- Cover the pan and simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally, till the fish is tender. If required add 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Serve the fish curry hot with rice or roti ( Indian flat bread)
Do You Know:
Catfish are named for their prominent barbels, which resemble cat’s whiskers. Catfish have no scales; their bodies are often naked. In some species, fish breathes through its mucus-covered skin.
Catfish is also high in Vitamin D