Deep fried chicken legs (Drumsticks) marinated in yogurt, ginger, garlic and spices.
- 6 small leg pieces of chicken (small drumsticks)
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chicken tikka masala (available in Indian Grocery Stores)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- A few drops of edible orange color
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Clean and wash the chicken legs and make slits on them.
- Mix all the ingredients along with 1 tbsp of oil and marinate chicken legs in it for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Deep fry these legs. When cooked take out them on an absorbent paper. (Big drumsticks can be made by boiling/cooking them before frying).
- Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Wrap the ends of drumsticks with aluminium foil to give a neater look and serve with onion rings.
Tips: Mix your marinade right in a heavy-duty zip-lock food storage bag. Add the chicken, squish a bit to mix.
To cook marinated chicken, just lift out of the marinade and place on the skillet. Don't rinse or dry with paper towels.