Chicken Tikka is one of the most liked foods world over. The nicest thing about this dish is that it's really easy to make. Prepare and store it. Eat it as such or add in any other dish.
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chicken tikka masala
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- pinch of food color
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cut chicken in 1 ½” cubes.
- Mix all ingredients with chicken in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before cooking bring chicken to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray or smear with cooking oil.
- Lay the pieces on this foil and drizzle lightly with cooking oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or till the chicken is just tender.
- Butter can be drizzled over for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
To make tikkas soft and tender, marinate them for a longer time (I personally marinate them overnight)and don't overcook. Keep the pieces bite sized and cook them hot and fast.
Never freeze meat while it is warm – it must be completely cold before it is packed.
Do not re-freeze cooked meat that has been frozen and thawed completely. Cook the meat again thoroughly and then re-freeze in case of emergency.