A simple,colorful and nutritious salad made from diced cucumber, onion and tomato and bell peppers. .
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Try to cut all vegetables in equal sized cubes.
- Mix all ingredients well in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, black pepper and salt.
- Transfer salad into cabbage bowl made from outer stiff leaves of a big cabbage.
Do You Know?
Cabbage provides Vitamin A, Vitamin C and is known as an excellent source of fibre. Cabbage features a vast number of anti-cancer and anti- oxidant compounds.
Consuming cabbage has also been linked to fastening up oestrogen metabolism, which is also believed to help prevent breast cancer.
Cabbage contains properties that help prevent colon cancer and stomach cancer.
Cabbage juice features anti- ulcer compounds, and is reported to contain both anti- viral and anti- bacteria properties.