Nutritious and tasty deep fried Ground Turkey balls.
- 1 pound Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup grated Zucchini
- 1 cup grated Carrot
- 2 tbsp dry Roasted Gram Flour (Besan)/ 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp brown cardamom powder
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
- To make kofta mix all the ingredients, knead with hands properly. Make equal sized smooth balls.
- For frying: Heat oil in an pan. When it is hot first drop only one ball. If this ball is fried properly without getting split then fry remaining balls till golden brown.
- For baking: Bake them in a preheated oven at 300 degree F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro and onion rings.
- Serve hot with ketchup or cilantro chutney as a snack.
Tips to make kofta:
- When forming the meatballs, use a small ice cream scoop or melon baller so they are all the same size.
- Wet your hands with cool water when shaping the meatballs to help prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- When browning meatballs, don't try to move them until they release easily from the pan. One side may be more browned than the others, but the meatballs will stay together.