Many variations are found in the recipe of chicken 65. This is another recipe of Chicken 65 which makes juicy and moist chicken pieces.
This excellent dish can be served with Indian flat bread or a bowl of hot rice.
- 1 lb chicken cut into small pieces
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chicken Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ajinomotto
- ¼ tsp deep orange food color
- 4 green chilies slit
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Mix the chicken pieces with yogurt, lemon juice, and salt. Pressure cook the chicken until the pieces are tender and all the water evaporates. Keep the chicken pieces aside.
- Mix ajinomotto, soya sauce, corn flour, Tandoori Chicken Masaala, ginger-garlic paste, red coloring and salt in a vessel and marinate the cooked chicken pieces in it. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add green chillies and curry leaves, once they stop spluttering add chicken pieces and fry the chicken pieces.
- Garnish with green chillies and chopped cilantro.
Do You Know?
Color is an important property of foods that adds to our enjoyment of eating. Even early civilizations such as the Romans recognized that people "eat with their eyes" as well as their palates.
Saffron and other spices were often used to provide a rich yellow color to various foods. Butter has been colored yellow as far back as the 1300's.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for regulating all color additives used in the United States. All color additives permitted for use in foods are classified as "certifiable" or "exempt from certification".