If you like mild, creamy gravied chicken drumstick curry then try this quick recipe.
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 cups fresh yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp chicken masala (available in Indian Grocery Stores)
- Salt To Taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 tbsp cooking oil for marination
- 3-4 tbsp cooking oil for gravy
- Pinch of Deep Orange Food Color ( Optional)
- Make two shallow diagonal slashes in each chicken drumstick.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients;
- Add chicken drumsticks and coat well, set aside for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add bay leaf, fry till is is light brown.
- Add chicken with marinade.
- Cook it covered on medium fire till chicken is tender.
- Serve chicken drumsticks hot with thin slices of onions , lemon and hot roti.
Most gravied Indian dishes have certain ingredients in common, so preparing and storing one when you have some spare time is a great idea. That way when you're ready all you do is add the meat or veggie to the gravy and cook through.
I always grind extra ginger and garlic and store them in the form of cubes (set in ice trays) in Ziploc Freezer bags.