Slightly cooked moong bean sprouts are served as a side dish.
- 2 cups green gram sprouted
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp asafetida
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafetida and cumin seeds.
- Add green gram sprouted, green chilies, cilantro leaves, chaat masala and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally, till green gram is little transparent.
- Take out in a bowl. Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped onion and serve.
Do You Know?
Moong beans are germinated by leaving them watered with 4 hours of daytime light and spending the rest of the day in the dark. These can be grown under artificial light also.
Moong bean sprouts are a good source of vitamin C, B complex vitamins and protein.
These are low in calories and can be eaten freely.