Phirni is a creamy based dessert from North India traditionally made with rice. Here I have made Phirni with Oats flavored with mango. Serve chilled.
- ¼ cup Quaker Oats - Old Fashioned
- ¾ cup Water
- Half pinch of salt
- 1 cup Half and Half Milk
- Sugar according to taste
- 2 big mangoes peeled and diced
- In a bowl take Oats and salt; cook in a microwave for about 2-3 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer the cooked Oats into an electric grinder. Add sugar, half of the mango chunks and Half and Half milk. Amount of sugar depends on the sweetness of the mango.
- Churn in pulse mode for 2-3 times so that Oats remain granular like phirni rice.
- Transfer in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with remaining mango chunks. Leave in refrigerator covered for about 1-2 hours.
- Serve Chilled
Do You Know?
Mango contains essential vitamins and dietary minerals. The antioxidant vitamins A, C and E; Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, essential nutrients, such as potassium, copper and 17 amino acids are at good levels in mango.