- 1 medium cauliflower separated into florets
- 2 medium potatoes cut into medium sized cubes
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chilies chopped fine
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp dry ginger powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala or amchoor powder
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Ginger Juliennes to garnish
- In a Kadhai or wok, heat the oil on medium heat till hot. Add the onions and fry till soft.
- Add potato cubes and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or till they are half done.
- Add cauliflower florets and again stir fry with potato cubes for another 2 minutes.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of water on the vegetable and cook covered on low heat till vegetables are just done. Stir occasionally.
- When done sprinkle ginger powder, garam masala and chat masala and mix carefully. Remove from heat and keep it covered for 2-3 minutes. Transfer in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and ginger juliennes.
- Serve hot with Chana Dal Masala, Roti (Indian flat bread) and Raita.
Do You Know?
There are two types of cauliflower in the market today.
One is with creamy white florets, which is more abundant in United States.
Another less common one is cauliflower-broccoli hybrid. It is more recently developed. It has a green curd and resembles broccoli.
The green variety is less dense than the white, cooks more quickly, and has a milder taste.