Tofu has very little flavor or smell of its own, so marinate it in spices before cooking with capsicum.
- 1 pound Tofu, cut into 2" long pieces
- 1 large sized green bell pepper / capsicum
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- ¼ cup tomato diced
- 1 medium bunch spring onion chopped coarsely
- ½ tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Marinate the tofu pieces for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the seed and the pith of the capsicum and cut into 2" long pieces.
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai on a medium to high heat. Add the ajwain, garlic and diced tomato. Stir fry till tomato is soft.
- Add tofu, green bell peppers, spring onion, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Mix well and stir fry for 1 more minute or till capsicum is just tender.
- Turn off the heat and spoon the Chili Tofu onto a serving platter.
- Serve with Paratha .
Do You Know?
Almond tofu or Almond pudding is a popular dessert in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan. In the traditional recipe, the almond milk is extracted from the Southern Chinese Almonds or Sweet Chinese Almonds and then it is heated with a gelling agent. The almond milk mixture solidifies, after chilling, to the consistency of a soft gelatin dessert.