Method IV: Pinching the Center
- Divide the dough into equal sized small balls.
- Flour a clean surface and roll each ball out into an oblong chapati about 8" in length and 4-5” in width.
- Now with the help of thumb and first finger pinch the centre of chapati to form dumble shaped structure.
- Carefully roll out the stuffed circles into paratha, sprinkling whole-wheat flour on the surface, to avoid sticking of paratha with rolling pin.
- Heat a griddle (tawa) and place a paratha on the griddle. Flip the paratha when tiny bubbles rise on the surface. Drizzle a bit of ghee/oil on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha. Flip the paratha again after few seconds and drizzle ghee on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown. Remove from the griddle and repeat with the other parathas until all are cooked.