Canned pineapple, with its sweet and juicy flavor, provides great taste to the pudding.
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Water
- Pinch of salt
- sugar to taste
- 1 ½ cups Full cream milk boiled
- 1 Can of pineapple tidbits or chunks with juice (5 Oz)
- Cook the Oats with 1 cup of Water, 1 cup of milk and pinch of salt in a microwave for 3 minutes or cook them in a vessel for about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer the above cooked Oats into a bowl. Add remaining Milk and mix well.
- Now add ½ cup of pineapple juice (present in the can) and ½ cup tidbits or chunks of canned pineapple. Mix in more sugar, if required.
- Garnish with more pineapple chunks. Leave in refrigerator covered for 2-3 hours.
- Serve Chilled
Do You Know?
Nutritive value of canned Pineapple differs from fresh Pineapple. During canning process, due to involvement of heat, a fair amount of the vitamin C and other heat-sensitive vitamins get lost in translation. According to Nutritiondata.com, pineapple canned in juice has only about 60% as much vitamin C as fresh raw pineapple.
Moreover Bromelain enzyme, which is an anti-inflammatory, present in raw pineapple, is destroyed in the canning process.