These cutlets make an excellent appetizer.
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 can of Tuna (Chunk Light Tuna in water 5 oz.)
- ¼ cup Corn meal
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 2 green chilies chopped fine
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Oats flakes
- Cooking oil to stir fry
- Cook the Oats with 1 cup of Water, 1 tbsp cooking oil and a pinch of salt in a microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Open can of Tuna and drain out water from it.
- In a big mixing bowl take cooked oats, drained Tuna, chopped onion, chopped green chilies, chopped cilantro, pepper powder, salt and corn meal. Mix well. Add more corn meal if Oats Tuna mix is soft.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape into flat round cutlets. Roll each cutlet in Oats flakes. Prepare all the cutlets and keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and shallow fry these cutlets on medium heat until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with onion, cucumber and serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
Do You Know?
Tuna fish are truly a nutrient-dense food. An excellent source of high quality protein, tuna are rich in a variety of important nutrients including the minerals selenium, magnesium, and potassium; the B vitamins niacin, B1 and B6; and perhaps most important, the beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acids.