It is a tasty and simple dip for garlic lovers. Goes well with crackers/chips and cucumbers/carrots
- 1 cup thick yogurt (I prefer Plain Mountain High Brand)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced fresh
- 2 tbsp spring onion chopped finely
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- If you are using homemade yogurt then place it in a strainer or hang it in muslin to drain off the water for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Beat lightly, add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- Serve with potato wafers, crackers, cucumber and sliced carrots.
Do You Know?
Due to its strong odor, garlic is sometimes called the "stinking rose".
When eaten in quantity, garlic may be strongly evident in the diner's sweat and breath the following day. This is because garlic's strong-smelling sulfur compounds are metabolized, forming allyl methyl sulfide.
Allyl methyl sulfide (AMS) cannot be digested and is passed into the blood. It is carried to the lungs and the skin, where it is excreted. Since digestion takes several hours, and release of AMS several hours more, the effect of eating garlic may be present for a long time.