Gravy is green and goes well with potato, chicken, Lamb or goat, paneer etc.
- 2 cups finely chopped scallion ( green onions or green onion)
- 2 cups spinach chopped, washed and drained
- 4-5 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch soda bi carbonate
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Take spinach in a large vessel, add ¼ cup of water and soda. Cover and put to boil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Cool in a plate or run under tap water to cool.
- Put spinach in a grinder; add scallion, green chilies, wheat flour, white vinegar and a few pinches of salt. Grind to smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and fry till color is changed. Add ginger, garlic paste and stir fry till light pink.
- Add blended spinach mixture, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and allow cooking on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes or till it is thick.
- If you are not using masala immediately then turn off the fire and allow the paste to cool completely.
- Fill ice cubes tray with the masala and freeze it. After 2-3 hours, when masala is set like ice cubes, take out from the tray and store in a freezer bag. Label the freezer bag with date and freeze for later use.
- If cooking curry then add prepared vegetable/ chicken/meat at this stage. Allow to cook till it is done.
- Mix lemon juice before serving.
Green Curry Masala Recipes:
Chicken Green Curry
Paneer Kofta Curry
Hara Masala Aloo
Hara Masala Shrimps