- 1 cup chana dal( Bengal gram)
- 1 cup moong dal(skinned split green gram)
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp saunf (fennel seeds) coarsely ground
- 1 tbsp whole dry coriander seeds (coarsely ground)
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup vanaspati ghee or cooking oil for pan frying
- Prepare Stuffing:
- Soak both chana dal and moong dal in water for 2 hours. Grind both dals together with very little water to a smooth thick paste.
- In a thick bottom pan heat 3 tbsp of cooking oil and add dal paste. Roast it till light pink. Add all spices. Mix well and remove from heat. Stuffing is ready.
- Follow Making Paratha - Method VI
- Put the flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix. Gradually add water and bind the mixture into soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 16-18 equal portions, shape each portion into a small ball.
- On a floured surface, roll out the ball to circles about 4 inches in diameter. Place a little bit of dal mixture on the circle and spread it evenly.Then place another circle on it and press the edges together firmly. On a floured surface roll out the stuffed circles to about 6-7 inches in diameter.
- Carefully place the paratha on a hot griddle or pan (tava). Allow cooking for a minute then turning it over with a flat spoon, smear a little Vanaspati ghee or oil on the top of paratha. After a minute turn it over again, and spread some move Vanaspati or oil on the other surface of the paratha also.
- Remove from the griddle. Repeat the same with all the portions, keep on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with Chutney, pickle and salad.