2 cups paneer cubes
1 cup green peas
2 large onions paste
2 medium tomatoes puree
1 tbsp ginger paste
2 tbsps garlic paste
2 tsps coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsps garam masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 green chilies chopped
6 tbsps of oil
Salt to taste
Cilantro leaves chopped fine to garnish
- Heat 2-3 tbsps of oil in a pan and gently stir-fry the cubes of paneer till golden. Remove onto a paper towel and keep aside.
- In the same vessel heat remaining oil and add the onion paste. Fry till it turns light brown.
- Add tomato paste, ginger and garlic paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, red chili, turmeric and garam masala powders, green chilies and fry, stirring continuously till the oil begins to separate from the masala.
- Add the peas to the masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the paneer, 2 cups of water and salt, reduce flame to a simmer and cook till the gravy thickens.
- When the gravy is as thick as you would like, turn off the flame.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with parathas or naans.