Method VI: Poori over Poori
- Mix wheat flour, Maida, salt, oil and knead it into smooth dough using warm water. Cover the dough with moist kitchen towel and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into equal sized small balls.
- Flour a clean surface and roll each ball out into a circle (like pancakes) about 2-3" in diameter.
- Place stuffing on one circle of dough
- Flatten it and then carefully roll out to the size of paratha very gently (sprinkling some whole-wheat flour on the surface where it is rolled out) so that the filling does not come out.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame and place a paratha on the griddle. Flip the paratha when tiny bubbles rise on the surface. Drizzle a bit of ghee on the top and spread well over the surface of the paratha. Flip the paratha again after few seconds and drizzle ghee on this surface too. The paratha is done when both sides are crispy and golden brown. Remove from the griddle and repeat with the other parathas until all are cooked.
- Serve with green cilantro chutney and/or pickle