Hard-boiled egg is removed from its eggshell, wrapped in a minced meat mixture, coated in breadcrumbs, and deep fried.
- 1 pound minced meat
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- 1 raw egg
- 2 chopped green Chilies
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1” ginger piece chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Flour for dusting
- Cooking oil to fry
- 1 tsp brown cardamom powder
- Cook the minced meat for about 20 minutes with the chopped onions, green chilies, chopped ginger, garlic cloves and salt.
- Dry the liquid and add roasted gram flour and garam masala.
- Knead or grind till slightly sticky, mix egg and knead it again.
- Shell all the eggs and dust them with flour.
- Divide the meat mixture into 5 equal portions. Flatten each portion in the palm, place an egg in the centre and wrap the meat mix around the egg until it is completely enclosed.
- Roll them in bread crumbs and keep them in refrigerator for ½ hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, put in the koftas and fry them until they are brown on all sides.
- Cut the koftas into halves, and serve with the eggs facing up.
Do You Know?
Scotch eggs, in London, were traditionally a picnic food, designed to be eaten fresh. In the United States, many "English-style" pubs and eateries serve fresh-made Scotch eggs. These are usually served hot, with dipping sauces such as ranch dressing, hot sauce or hot mustard sauce. At the Minnesota State Fair, scotch eggs are served on a stick.