Chicken Reshmi Kebab is one of the most liked foods world over. The nicest thing about this dish is that it's really easy to make.
Prepare and store it. Eat it as such or add in any other dish.
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chicken tikka masala (available in Indian Grocery Stores)
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cut chicken in 1 ½” cubes.
- Mix all ingredients with chicken in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Bring chicken to room temperature and skewer on bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
- Arrange bamboo skewers on a baking tray which is filled with 4 cups of water.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or till the chicken is just tender.
- 3 tbsp of butter can be drizzled over for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with salads as starter.
To make Reshmi Kebabs soft and tender, marinate them for a longer time (I personally marinade them overnight) and don't overcook.
Keeps the pieces bite sized and cook them hot and fast.
If chicken kebabs are surrounded with moisture during baking by placing a small amount of liquid (such as water or broth) in the bottom of a baking tray or a closed pan, and letting it steam up around the food, a method commonly known as braising, the kebabs will be cooked really soft.
Do You Know?