Boil paneer with milk, add nuts and cardamom and get a taste of soft kalakand.
- 1 cup freshly prepared paneer from full cream milk
- 3 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup khoya powder or milk powder
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron
- 1 tbsp chironji
- ¼ cup nuts (blanched and slivered almonds, cashew nuts and pistachio)
- ½ cup sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp rose water
- In a large saucepan, boil milk.
- Add the paneer and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle khoya powder slowly over milk. Stir to avoid lump formation.
- Add nuts, saffron and cardamom powder. Stir and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off the fire. Allow the kheer to cool down.
- Sprinkle rose water.
- Chill in refrigerator and serve.
Note: Kheer always thickens when cooled. So adjust the consistency of kheer by adding milk if it is thick.