Potatoes are cooked in spiced tomato puree.
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 2 red tomatoes chopped in small pieces
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- Rock Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds to it. When the seeds stop spluttering, add chopped tomatoes, ginger paste, green chili paste and fry for a minute.
- Add diced potatoes, black pepper, Rock salt and stir fry for 2-3 minutes so that potatoes are mixed properly with the spices.
- Simmer covered on low flame until potatoes are done.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot with Kuttu Ki Poori and Raita.
Potatoes should be stored in cool and dry place. They can be kept at room temperature for up to two weeks. If potatoes are purchased in a plastic bag, remove them from the bag and place them in a basket or other such type of container so that they will have proper air circulation.
Do not store potatoes in the refrigerator because the cold temperature will convert the starches into sugar and the potato will become sweet and turn dark when cooked.
Do not store them with onions, the gas given off by onions accelerates the decay of potatoes.