Today is the fourth day of Navratri and I made Samo Seeds Pulao, and Makhane Ki Kheer.
Here is the simple recipe of Vrat Ke Chawal (Samo Seeds) Pulao.
- 1 cup Vrat Ka Chawal (Samo Seeds)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 Cloves
- 1 Dry whole red chili
- 1 medium Potato diced in small pieces
- 1 Capsicum diced
- 2 green chilies chopped
- Rock Salt to taste
- ½ tsp. black pepper powder
- 3 cups Water
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- Wash and soak Samo Seeds for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium flame. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves and whole red chili to the ghee.
- When cumin seeds stop spluttering, add potato, capsicum, chopped green chilies and Vrat Ka Chawal.
- Stir-fry a little; add rock salt, black pepper powder, chopped cilantro and 3 cups of water
- Cover the pan and let it simmer on low flame till the Samo Seeds are done (you can cook in pressure cooker also).
- Garnish with green coriander
- Serve hot with yogurt Raita.
Do You Know?
Maa Kushmanda, is the form of the goddess which is worshipped on the fourth day. It is believed that Kushmanda is the creator of the entire Universe and she has created the entire Universe by her laugh.
She resides in solar systems. She shines brightly in all the ten directions like Sun. She has eight hands. Seven types of weapons are shining in her seven hands. Rosary is in her right hand. She seems brilliant riding on Lion.