Here is the recipe of Raw Banana Fritters.
- 2 Green Plantain or Banana Unripened
- 1 cup Singhare ka Atta
- Rock salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp amchoor powder
- 1 tsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp cup cilantro leaves chopped
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Mix the Singhare ka Atta, rock salt, red chili powder, amchoor powder, green chili paste and ginger paste in a bowl.
- Add water to the mixture and transfer it to a blender. Beat the Atta water mixture in blender for 1-2 minutes to incorporate air (this will make the batter fluffier). Let the batter rest 10 minutes in a warm place
- Cut each plantain/banana in to two pieces. Put these pieces in a bowl of salted water. Let them stand for some time.
- Take about 4 cups of water in a pan and boil it. Now add plantain/banana pieces to the boiling water and let the water boil until pieces are tender but not mushy. Drain and keep the pieces aside to cool a little.
- Peel off the plantain/banana and cut each piece lengthwise into strips. If banana is big sized you get 8 strips from one banana.
- Sprinkle little red chili powder and salt to plantain/banana pieces, and mix gently.
- Heat the ghee/oil in a kadhai/pan over medium flame for deep-frying.
- Dip strips of plantain/banana in batter and put in the hot oil.
- Fry the fritters, 2-3 at a time, until reddish gray and crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve the Serve Plantain/Banana Fritters with Chili Chutney and/or Peanut Coconut Chutney.
Do You Know?
On the Third Day of Navratri, third form of Goddess Durga known as Chandraghanta is worshipped.
Maa Chandraghanta is one who establishes justice and wears crescent moon on her head. Because of this bell shaped mark of moon which is present on the fore head of Maa Chandraghanta, Maa is known as Chandraghanta.
“Chandra Ghanta” meaning supreme bliss and knowledge, showering peace and serenity, like cool breeze in a moonlit night. By her blessings all the hindrances coming in way of a person are removed. Her pleasant looks clears all sorrows and sadness of her devotees. Her roaring voice alerts and makes the Demons to tremble.