Lots of fruit and nuts are mixed in cream which is prepared by mixing fresh paneer (cottage cheese), yogurt and cream of coconut.
- 1 cup fresh homemade cottage cheese (make Paneer at home)
- 1 cup yogurt (smoothly churned)
- 2 tbsp cream of coconut
- Milk according to requirement
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar (more or less depending on taste)
- ½ tsp rose water
- 2-3 cups of fruits cut into small pieces (banana, apple, pineapple, strawberry)
- Nuts, Resins and Seeds
- Combine cottage cheese, sugar, rose water in blender.
- Take out in a bowl. Mix cream of coconut and yogurt.
- Adjust the consistence by adding milk.
- Mix fruits and nuts.
- Garnish with some more fruits and nuts.
- Serve chilled
Do You Know?
Coconut cream is thicker than coconut milk. It has paste like consistency, with mild non-sweet taste.
Coconut cream can be made by simmering 1 part shredded coconut with one part water or milk until frothy, then straining the mixture through a cheesecloth, squeezing out as much liquid as possible; this is coconut milk. The coconut milk is refrigerated and allowed to set. Coconut cream is the thick non-liquid part that separates and rises to the top of the coconut milk.
Cream of coconut is coconut cream that has been sweetened for use in desserts and beverages like the Pina colada.