Boiled Green Plantain is mixed with Sabudana (Pearl Sago) and peanuts to prepare stir fried Plantain cutlets.You can use raw banana also in place of plantain in this recipe.
- 2 green plantain/raw bananas/ Kachche Kele
- 2 potato medium sized boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup sago
- ¼ cup peanuts roasted and crushed
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp green chili chopped fine
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ cup coriander leaves chopped finely
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Rock Salt to taste
- Oil to Stir fry
- Soak sago in ½ cup of water for 2 hours. Drain off excess of water after that and then keep aside for later use.
- Cut each plantain/raw banana in two pieces. Dip these pieces in a bowl of salted water for some time. Boil them in a pan in 4 cups of water until pieces are just tender but not mushy. Drain and keep aside to cool a little. Peel off the plantain/raw banana pieces and then mash with potato masher.
- Now in a big bowl, mix mashed banana, mashed potato, soaked sago and crushed peanuts along with other ingredients except the oil for frying.
- Make small balls of the mixture. Flatten them and give them desired shape.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and stir fry these until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with chili chutney.
Do You Know?
On the fifth day, the form of Goddess worshipped, is called Skand Mata.
She is the daughter of Himalaya. After observing penance she got married to Shiva.
She is the mother of Kumara or Skanda or Kartikeya, who was chosen by gods as their commander in the war against the demons.
Skanda Mata is a deity of fire.Vehicle or vahanam of Skanda mata is a lion (Simha vahini).She has three eyes and four hands. She is white and seated on a lotus. Skanda is seated in her lap.