Here is a recipe for making cutlets using Canned Tuna Fish. Since it is easy to make from canned fish which are easily available in most of the grocery stores, it is one of my favorites.
These cutlets make an excellent appetizer. You can also place it on a bun and have it as a Burger.
- 2 cans of tuna in water (Chunk Light Tuna in water 5oz.each)
- 2 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves chopped fine
- 2 green chilies chopped fine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil to shallow fry
- Drain water from tuna and marinate in 1 tbsp of lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- In a big bowl take mashed potatoes, chopped onion, grated ginger, chopped green chilies, chopped cilantro, garam masala, salt and corn flour.
- Add marinated Tuna and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape into flat round cutlets. Roll each cutlet in bread crumbs or corn flour or semolina.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and shallow fry these cutlets on medium heat. Turn the cutlets and add more oil if needed. Fry until they are light brown and crispy.
- Garnish with onion, cucumber and serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
Do You Know?
Tuna is a salt water fish from the family Scombridae.
It is an oily fish, and therefore contains a high amount of Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids. It is rich in protein also.
Tuna is canned in edible oils, in brine, or spring water. A can of tuna in oil contains about theAdequate Intake (AI) of the US Dietary Reference Intake of vitamin D for infants, children, men, and women aged 19–50 - 200 IU.