Method V: Fold the Edges
- Put the Whole Wheat Flour, salt and oil in a bowl and mix. Gradually add water and bind the mixture into soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
- Flour a clean surface and roll each ball out into a circle about 3-4" in diameter.
- Put one tbsp of the stuffing into the center of the circle.
- Roll out the Patti into a circle of 6-7" diameter (paratha) sprinkling whole-wheat flour on the surface to avoid sticking of paratha with rolling pin.
- Carefully place the paratha on a hot griddle or pan (tava). Allow cooking for a minute then turning it over with a flat spoon, smear a little Vanaspati ghee or oil on the top of paratha. After a minute turn it over again, and spread some more Vanaspati or oil on the other surface of the paratha also.
- Remove from the griddle, keep on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with yogurt, pickle and salad.