Kabuli Chana is a one of the favorite dishes in Northern India. Dry Kabuli chana is a side dish and goes well with puri, chapati/roti .
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana (Chickpeas)
- 1 teabag or 1 Amla dry or fresh (Gooseberry)
- 2-3 brown cardamoms
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black salt
- 3-4 green chilies finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp fresh ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp ground anardana
- ½ tsp roasted ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp ginger Juliennes
- Soak Kabuli Chana (Chickpeas) overnight in water.
- Take a pressure cooker and put Chana, tea bag or Amla , black cardamoms, little salt and 3 cups of water. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Do not overcook the chana. After cooking discard the teabag.
- In a separate pan heat oil, add bay leaves and ginger garlic paste. Fry till golden brown.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chopped green chilies, anardana, half of the chopped coriander leaves, roasted ground cumin and black salt.
- Add the boiled chana along with the water (in which it was boiled) and simmer uncovered until all water is evaporated and chana is almost dry.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and ginger juliennes.
- Squeeze lemon over it and eat as a side dish with curry, raita and onion salad.