It is simple and quick recipe. Bhurji is prepared from fresh homemade paneer and green peas.
- ½ gallon 2% milk
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 big onion chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes chopped
- 1 " long piece Ginger grated
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Make Paneer. Keep aside for later use.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in chopped onion, green chilies, ginger and cook until tender.
- Add chopped tomato, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook till tomato is soft and mushy.
- Add now peas and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add paneer, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Do not add water. Let them cook in their own juice.
- Mix lemon juice and garam masala.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot with paratha.