Roasted Cumin Seeds
Roasted cumin seeds are used in many Indian dishes especially Raitas and Panna.
- Put 1-2 tbsp of whole cumin seeds into a heavy frying pan (you can use tawa also) and place the pan over a medium flame.
- No fat is required.
- Stir the seeds and keep roasting them until they turn a few shades darker. Seeds start emitting wonderful roasted aroma when they are ready.
- When cool store in airtight container.
Ground Roasted Cumin Seeds
- Put the roasted seeds into an electric coffee grinder or other spice grinder and grind them finely.
- You can also use a pestle and mortar for this.
- Simpler way is to crush them with a rolling pin.
- Store in a tightly lidded jar.