A marinated chicken recipe with distinctive flavors of Green chilies and curry leaves
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh coarsely ground black pepper corns
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp Chicken Curry Masala (available at Indian Grocery Stores)
- 2 tsp All Purpose Flour
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 4-5 green chilies chopped fine
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tblsp oil
- Mix yogurt, ginger garlic paste, black pepper corns, chicken curry masala, all purpose flour and salt in a bowl and marinate chicken in this for about an hour.
- Now heat oil in a wok and add curry leaves and green chilies.
- Fry in chicken along with marinade.
- Cook on slow fire stirring frequently till chicken is tender.
- Serve hot with roti (Indian Flat Bread)
Do You Know?
Rubs are concentrated applications of seasoning blends rubbed into the surface of meats.
Rubs give food more flavor than a mere sprinkling of seasoning.
To apply a rub, start by moistening poultry, meat or vegetables with a little vegetable oil, olive oil or water. Rub the dried seasoning onto the surface before cooking.