- 1 cup bengal gram dal soaked for ½ hr
- 1/2 pound meat cut in small cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- 2 onions, sliced fine and fried crisp
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- ½ ” cinnamon stick
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tbsp oil
- To the chana dal add turmeric and enough water to cook till it is soft.
Mash the dal and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon. Add the chopped onion and fry till brown. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till darker.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder, green chillies, tomatoes and fry for a few minutes.
- Add mutton pieces and fry well until done. Pressure cook, if required.
- Add ground dal, salt and ¾ of fried crisp onions. Mix well.
- Add garam masala and lemon juice. Allow to simmer on a slow fire for a few minutes.
- Take out in a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and remaining fried crisp onion.
- Serve with Baghara Baingan, salad, rice or roti. Goes well with tandoori roti.
Tips : Dal will cook well, if you add a little sesame oil while cooking.
Do You Know:
Research has shown that cooking garlic with meat reduces carcinogenic chemicals in cooked meat that are believed to be linked to breast cancer in meat-eating women.