It is a simple nutritive side dish. Enjoy it with Dal and Raita of your choice.
- 1 small green cabbage
- 5 tbs chana dal
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 2 dry red chillies
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dry coriander powder ( dhaniya powder)
- ½ red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak chana dal for about an hour.
- Chop cabbage into small pieces. Wash it and then cook in microwave with little water for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add cumin seeds, dry red chillies. Stir. Add soaked chana dal without water.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, dhaniya powder and salt. Stir it well.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook for at least 10 minutes with lid on the pan. .
- Remove the lid, add cooked cabbage and desiccated coconut. Mix well.
- Cook for some more time without lid till the water evaporates.
- Serve hot with Parathas.