These mixed lentils fritters go well with evening tea.
- ½ cup skinned split chick pea (chana dal)
- ½ cup skinned split black lentil (urad dal)
- ½ cup skinned split pigeon pea (toor dal)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- ½ chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak all the dals together for about 2-3 hours in 6 cups of water.
- Drain out excess of water and blend the dals to a coarse paste in a food processor along with all the ingredients.
- Mix well. Shape in to small oval flat patty like structures.
- Coat these fritters in semolina or breadcrumbs. Keep in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Deep fry in oil on medium flame. Drain well.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or green coriander chutney or ketchup.
Do You Know:?
A fritter is any kind of food coated in batter and deep fried. The word comes from the Latin *frīctūra (frying") by way of Old French and Middle English.