- 1 cup of skinned split green gram ( dhuli moong dal)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 4 cups of yogurt churned smooth
- Dahivada Raita Masala (available in Indian Grocery Stores)
- Oil for deep frying
- Green coriander chutney
- Tamarind chutney
- Bowl of water
- Soak dal for 2 hours.
- Grind it in a grinder with minimum water. It should form a smooth soft paste of dropping consistency. Add salt and coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.Drop by spoonfuls in hot oil. Take out when pink in colour
Soak them in water. These should be completely dipped in water. Keep for 1-2 hours in water till pakori become soft. Take out pakori from water and squeeze out excess of water from them.
- Churn yogurt; add salt. Add pakori in it.
- Sprinkle Dahivada-Raita masala over it.
- Garnish with green coriander chutney and Tamarind Chutney.
- Serve with main meal or as a filler between two meals.
Tips: Take a bowl of water. Drop a small ball of dal paste in it. If dal floats then it is ready for frying pakori but if it settles down at the bottom of the bowl of water, it should be churned with hand for some more time till it can incorporate enough air to float on the water.