- 1 cup split skinned Black gram(chana dal)
- 2 tsp Rice Flour
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 bunch curry leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chili finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Soak the chana dal for one hour.
- Grind it, taking very little dal at a time, coarsely. Transfer it in a bowl .
- Add chopped onions, green chili , ginger and garlic , curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and rice flour.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan on medium flame.
- Make round shape with the hands running through the edges.
- Drop the vada in the oil, deep fry them till they are golden brown.
- Take out in a plate on a paper towel so that extra oil is absorbed by the paper towel.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Do You Know?
Rice flour is a form of flour made from finely milled rice.
Rice flour may be made from either White rice or brown rice. To make the flour, the husk of rice or paddy is removed and raw rice is obtained. The raw rice is then ground to form rice powder, also known as rice flour.
Rice flour is a particularly good substitute for wheat flour, which causes irritation in the digestive systems of those who are gluten-intolerant.