In winter nothing like eating hot crispy parathas in breakfast with vegetable made of fragrant fresh methi leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) cooked with Baby Potatoes.
- 1 pound baby (small) potatoes (washed and scrubbed well)
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 3-4 tbsp mustard oil or any other cooking oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp crushed red chili
- salt to taste
- 1 whole dried large red chili
- Remove the stems of methi and chop the leaves finely. Wash methi several times in the water. Strain it.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Do no peel them. Cut them into half.
- Heat oil until it smokes, reduce the flame and add asafetida and whole dried red chili. Immediately add chopped garlic and fry until medium brown. Do not burn the garlic otherwise it will become bitter.
- As soon as the garlic changes color add potatoes, and fry till pink over low heat. Potatoes should be more than half done after frying.
- Add chopped methi leaves, turmeric powder, salt, and red chili powder and mix well. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or till the potatoes are done.
- Uncover and cook till all water, if it is there, is evaporated.
- Serve with hot crispy paratha.