Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe with peas, mushrooms and tomato sauce.
For stuffed chicken breast:
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup green peas
- ½ cup chopped mushroom
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add peas and chopped mushroom. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Mix in salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Marinate chicken breast pieces in salt, black pepper powder, 1 tbsp oil and lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Place each piece of chicken between 2 sheets of butter paper or in a food storage bag. Pound gently to flatten, using a rolling pin or smooth side of meat mallet.
- Place small amount of peas mushroom mixture in the center of each flattened piece of chicken.
- Fold ends over the peas mushroom mixture; roll up, beginning with long side. Secure rolls with toothpicks.
- Place chicken rolls on a plate; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat.
- Fry chicken rolls for 6-8 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown.
- In a separate pan heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil and fry onion till golden brown. Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute. Add tomato paste; chili, turmeric, coriander powders and salt. Fry till oil separates. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil.
- Add chicken rolls, simmer covered till chicken is tender.
- Serve with Paratha or Tandoori Roti.
Never freeze cooked meat while it is warm. It must be completely cold before it is packed.
Do not re-freeze cooked meat that has been frozen and thawed completely.
Cook the meat again thoroughly and then re-freeze (this is probably not a good idea as the meat will be highly overcooked by this process, but it can be used in emergencies).