Liver is cooked with minced goat meat and spices.
- ½ lb ground/minced Mutton ( Goat/Lamb)
- ½ lb Liver cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Garlic grated
- 2 medium Onions finely chopped
- 2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp Caraway Seeds (Shahjeera)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a thick-bottomed pan and add bay leaf and Caraway Seeds. Fry till they turn slightly darker. Add onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add liver pieces and fry for 1 minute, now add minced mutton, ginger, green chilies, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and red chili powder.
- Fry for five minutes breaking up any lumps of minced meat if formed. Add a cup of water.
- Cover, lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala powder. Simmer covered until minced mutton and liver are cooked well.
- Add lemon juice, mix, transfer it in a serving Dish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Tandoori roti.
Do You Know?
Goat liver has a strong flavor. It should have a bright color with a moist but not slimy surface and a fresh smell. Prepare it the day you buy it, or store it loosely wrapped in the refrigerator for no more than 1 day. Goat liver is available in supermarkets frozen. It is available fresh in butcher shops.
Goat liver can replenish the blood, tonify the liver and improve eyesight.