These Rajma kebabs are delectable, for not only are they easy to prepare, they are a good source of protein also.
- 2 cups boiled Rajma ( or Canned Red Kidney Beans)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger grated finely
- ½ tsp garlic grated finely
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp amchur (dry mango powder) or 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2-4 tbsp bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for Stir frying
- Strain the boiled or canned Rajma, it should not have any water left in it. Mash it with potato masher in a bowl.
- Mix mashed Rajma with onion, grated ginger, grated garlic, red chili powder, garam masala, amchur or lemon juice, chopped green chilies, cilantro leaves, salt , 2 tbsp bread crumbs and 2 tbsp oil. Knead well until soft dough is formed. If required add more breadcrumbs.
- Divide the dough into equal parts. Flatten each portion into round or oval shaped kebabs.
- Heat oil and stir-fry Rajma kebabs carefully on medium heat until crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with chutney and salad of your choice.
Do You Know?
Kidney beans are a good source of protein, and when combined with a whole grain or brown rice, these provide protein comparable to that of meat or dairy foods without the high calories or saturated fat found in these foods.
Besides protein these kidney beans also provide the blood sugar stabilizing and heart health benefits of the soluble fiber.