It is a typical North Indian curry, made especially during winter, when fresh fenugreek, carrot and peas are available.
- 1 cup potato cubed
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1 cup carrot cubed
- ½ cup fresh fenugreek leaves chopped finely
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp garlic grated
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chilies chopped fine
- 3 tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cilantro leaves chopped fine to garnish
- Heat 3-4 tbsp of oil in a skillet on medium flame. Add asafetida and cumin seeds. Stir-fry the potato cubes until light pink.
- Stir in peas, cubed carrot, fenugreek leaves, grated ginger and garlic.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Cook covered on low flame till potato, peas and carrot are tender.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
- This vegetable tastes great with Dal and Roti/Chapati/Paratha.